Thursday, October 7, 2010

Transitions

So as I continue to trudge ahead, I have defined a few things,transitions if you will. First and foremost: I am getting married to the one person who has known me the longest and been there for me through all of life's pitfalls and peaks.

I have also decided to readjust my physical self, long have I found myself living the stereotypical sedentary lifestyle of modern man especially in America. This is not my natural state but a manifestation of some of the emotional stresses, Ive undergone through the past 6 years. Oft have I tried to start a workout and diet(very rarely coinciding), and oft have I failed. Whether a fault of motivation, lack of time, or lack of motivation to make the time to make it work, I've decided to go back to the Old School ways.

The amazing thing is with age, my capacity for physical performance has been increased (a product of good genetics and late blooming, I assume), but the converse of recovery is true, with recovery taking longer as well (hopefully, due to my years of substandard activity level versus actual age).
So where am I starting?
At conception of this reinvention,
My weight was 205 lbs
Height 5' 11"
Waist 36"
Body Fat %: 28.75%

Goals: 185lbs, Waist 33", Body Fat %: 10-15%

So how will this change occur, I have already begun a regiment of total body weight training routines first for two times per week, now up to three. Additionally, I will be adding 2 days of cardiovascular, Budokon and calisthenic exercises. As my gains get to where I want them to be, I will be transitioning to some of the old martial arts training and drills that I did back in the day(with some new tricks).

Another important aspect is the massive change in diet that I have undergone with my fiancee, gone are the days of fast food, pop, snack foods and processed foods in general. Here are the days, of portioned out and balanced meals with fresh, clean nutrition spread out throughout the day. It's truly amazing to think about nutrition and eating things to survive and be efficient versus simply convenience.

I digress, we shall see how this all goes, it's starting with a day, stating my position and my goals, more to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment